Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stuff I've been reading...

These are what I have been reading during the my very limited free times.


BOOKS:


Bright from the Start: The Simple, Science-Backed Way to Nurture Your Child's developing Mind from Birth to Age 3

http://www.amazon.com/Bright-Start-Science-Backed-Developing-Mindfrom/dp/159240362X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310048302&sr=8-1

I'm only about 1/3 through the book, but so far it has been very informative and useful. It teaches me ways of engaging and "playing" with baby in order to nurture his mind. What I like most about it is that the author does not just tell you what you should do, she really explains the science behind it. I feel more informed and assured when I know why I am doing what I am doing. 



The Babysense Secret
http://www.amazon.com/Babysense-Secret-Megan-Faure/dp/0756671590/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310048573&sr=1-2

I've completed the book up to baby's age. I find this book alright. Some of the suggestions for calming baby when he is crying has been quite useful. But the suggestions for creating a daytime schedule has been a big failure. I don't think it is fault of the book/author though. I think all babies are just different and what might work on one baby might not work on the other. My little darling probably just refuses to be on a schedule.




BLOGS:

Parenting Joy
http://www.parentingjoy.com/
This is a very useful blog, especially for new parents. She has written a lot of very useful and motivating posts on breastfeeding, general parenting, etc, which I can really relate to. I do admit that the constant references to Christianity is a little annoying to me (I'm a freethinker.), but it is her blog and her belief, so... shut up me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment